Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Celebration

                                                  035

Jesus’ Resurrection. Death is crushed to death. Finished. Risen. The tomb is empty. Jesus is ALIVE! He has risen.

We have been talking a lot about the resurrection of our Lord. I am so excited because the kids understand what Easter is all about. I mean beyond the Easter Bunny, coloring eggs, and candy. They KNOW the real meaning! I love this by far! If there is anything that we want to instill in our children with teaching them at home its that we want them to KNOW their Lord and Savior! We can not emphasize this enough to them. Knowing their Lord is a lifelong relationship. I am so glad that my children are learning this at such a young age, I wish I had known Jesus as my Lord as a child and had the relationship my kids are gaining at their young age. I am blessed enough to have a relationship with the Lord at my age now and since my late teen years! I have learned so much and walked on his path for a long time and don’t plan on ever leaving it!

We began our week talking about what the cross meant, what Jesus did for us and why he did what he did! We had four easter eggs filled with different objects, verses to go along with each egg and lesson. We did one lesson, verse and egg daily. One egg had a cross, one had a nail, another had a cloth, and the final one was empty.

On Good Friday we went to church for service and then headed to Culvers for some yummy, well deserved ice cream!

On Saturday morning, Easter Eve we headed to an Easter Egg hunt at a local church here in Decatur. (We also go here for a playgroup on Tuesdays.) The kids had a blast searching for eggs and ended up with so much candy, the Easter Bunny didn’t even bring any!!

008 009

010 013

Natalie and Bella all ready to get some eggs………

017 018 

                                    014

Travis had a complete technique…he would pick up a ball (egg) and say ball, then decide where he would put it, maybe in someone else’s basket, maybe throw it, or he might bring it to Daddy and put in his bag!! He had a great time and was even happier when he found out there was candy inside of them!

                                     015

And then there was Adam…he was very reluctant to go and get the eggs. He wanted me to hold his bag, maybe he had a technique as well.

Mom holding bag+two hands free to get eggs=2x as many eggs

And then the candy….  020

  024 025

022 021

Easter Eve…..we colored our eggs….does this count as art??

   019  2 dozen boiling eggs…

  027Table set for decorating eggs….

028 029

030 032

                                           033034 I think it took all of 15 min to color all the eggs…everyone was a little disappointed when we were all done.

Easter Morning…we started our day off with our traditional Easter breakfast..our hardboiled colored eggs, bacon, and toast. Then everyone got ready for church. One of my favorite days of the year is Easter, I absolutely love going to church on this day, especially! I love going to worship my Lord and sing praises to him. I also enjoy seeing everyone in their very best, I mean there is a special feeling in the air on Easter Day. It almost seems as Easter comes, there also comes a new, refreshing feeling of Spring. There are bright colors, the sun was shinning and people had a “hop” in their step!

Here we are all glammed up…..

      048

049042

 053                            044

                                        041

Travis enjoying his smoothie

036 037

038 Our Easter would not be complete without worms……

HAPPY EASTER!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!

BLESSING, JACKIE

No comments:

Post a Comment