Friday, July 8, 2011

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal..9

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal

In my life this week:

We have had a wonderful week.  We traveled about an hour away to stay at our friends house over the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time, the kids played, we ate great food, and had some really fun fellowship.

In our homeschool this week:

A friend has given me a few Core A things from Sonlight, I have been researching what I will use of Sonlight and won’t use. I am pretty impressed with the Core A and am planning on using it this coming year with my 2nd and K.  I am working on gathering the books that go along with this and looking at getting the 2nd grade reading books.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing:

We didn’t attend playgroup, or any outside activities other than baseball. Adam played his last game of the season on Thursday. We sort of played it low key this week. We needed to recuperate from the weekend and get things done around the house…LAUNDRY!

My favorite thing this week:

Adam hitting the ball for the last time of the season. then celebrating at DQ with ice-cream and the team receiving their trophies! They all worked so hard this season, looking forward to next year.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have:

I can’t think of anything….

I am currently reading:

The New Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson (this is the 3rd of 4 on my summer reading list)

I am still reading this. Its been at least 2 weeks. I have been busy!

Something to share:

Travis At Baseball

005

1 comment:

  1. We have been Sonlighters since K and my oldest will be in 8th this year. We are big readers and love the books. I hope you will too.

    ReplyDelete