Friday, September 2, 2011

Broken Pieces

003

My heart sunk when I heard the crash against the tile in the kitchen. I knew there was something broken, but didn’t know what had broken? I walked to the kitchen to find Travis standing there with the broken pieces. The cabinet was open and there was our Christmas cookie plate. This plate has been used for many years. I remember using this as a little girl on Christmas Eve to put cookies on for Santa. We have also used it for our children for all of their Christmas celebrations.

This incidence has led me to think of  people of the world. We are all broken with pieces spread about. Can we just pick them up the pieces and everything be fixed? Nope. We need something larger to pick up the pieces because we can’t do it on our own. Although a lot of times our first reaction as humans is to fix our own problems.

How often I forget to call upon my Lord. I am broken, oh so broken. I can only be fixed with the help of my Lord. Which leads me back to a verse that I refer to often…

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.  Proverbs 3:5-7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment