Thursday, September 8, 2011

No More Poo…

I am trying something new, and excited to see the results of no longer using store bought shampoo with lots of chemicals that leave my scalp itchy and dry. I have tried numerous shampoos and conditioners all with the same end result. I also have dandruff  and red sores on the back of my head that remain the same way with any type of “helping” or “specialized” shampoo.

I have read a lot of information online, watched you tube videos and taken in great advice on going poo free! The remedy that I have come up with is using baking soda and water, apple cider vinegar and water.

My Formula….

2x a week I am going to wash my hair with 1tbsp of baking soda mixed with 1 cup of warm water. This may need to be tweaked a little? The amount of baking soda and/or water may need to be more or less depending if my hair becomes very dry. 

On the days that I do not wash my hair I will just wet it while in the shower and style as normal.

To wash hair your simply mix the baking soda and water in a cup of squeeze bottle until the baking soda is dissolved. Then you wet hair with water and pour the baking soda and water mixture all over head while massaging it into your head with your finger tips, concentrating on the crown of your head and around the temples and ears and neck areas.  Allow for mixture to sit for about a minute and then rinse out.

Following the baking soda and water mix is the “conditioner” which consists of apple cider vinegar.

To condition your simply mix 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of warm water in another squeeze bottle, shake and pour over ends of hair. You may only use a little if your hair is naturally oily.

Pretty simple if I do say so myself!

I’ve collected that hair may be more oily with in the first 2-8 weeks of going poo free. This is due to your hair becoming so clean and rebuilding the natural oils and removing all of the chemicals from traditional shampoo that strip away natural oils. So, I have figured I will wear my hair in a ponytail or clip of some sort.

I am going to write about my no poo experience over the next few weeks! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment