Thursday, June 9, 2011

Couponing Adventures

I haven’t couponed in a while. I have used coupons on occasions, but I haven’t done my “serious” couponing for at least six months! I don’t compile most of these deals on my own, I refer to www.moneysavingmom.com as well as www.thekrazycouponlady.com for the latest deals at. I do not claim to be a coupon expert, so please do not assume I know all the tricks to this business! Couponing is a hobby of mine that I enjoy doing in order to save money on things we use on a daily basis! I am glad to help you in couponing, but again I am not an expert!

So on our big adventure today we went to Target and 2 different Walgreens!

The first Walgreens I went to didn’t have all of what I needed.  I was on the hunt for bottles of Sobe Water.

The deal at Walgreens is that if you buy any Sobe bottled waters they are 99 cents and you get a 99 cent register reward  for your next visit!

So on we went to the 2nd Walgreens. They actually had 17 bottles of the Sobe water. I got all that they had. Went to check out and the cashier gave me a hard time! Which I handled very well. I didn’t say anything mean and I kept my cool! Our conversation went something like this:

Cashier: Are you wanting to buy all of those bottles of water:

Me: Yes, I am.

Cashier: I think there is a limit on these? (checking the ad)

Me: I don’t believe there is a limit, I would like to purchase these and receive the 99 cent coupon for each one.

Cashier: Did you clear the shelf? I think there is a limit? (calls manager over)

Manager: (cashier explains what is going on) There is no limit, customer is able to buy all she wants and so I guess you will ring them up.

Cashier: I will have to ring them all individually in order for her to receive the coupons?

Manager: Yes, you will. She can buy all she wants. You just go ahead and ring up each bottle separately!

Me: Thank you very much. I appreciate this.

Cashier: continues to babble and rings up each bottle of water!

Me: I continued to pay for each bottle and collect my 99 cent register rewards!

I was very proud of myself for handling this situation so well, I was not trying to be a jerk, I was just out for a great deal! We are a family of five, so I don’t believe buying 18 bottles of water is out of the ordinary!

054

1st Walgreens Purchases:

Coffee Creamer x2 @  $1.50 each (not pictured)

1 Sobe Water $ .99

Total Spent Out of Pocket: 4.26 

Received $.99 cents in Register Rewards

Its like getting each item for $1.09 each

2nd Walgreens Purchases

17 Sobe Waters $ .99 cents each

Total Spent Out of Pocket:  $18.19

Received $16.83 in Register Rewards

Its like getting each bottle of water for .08 cents!

055

Target

3 Bottles of Mens Nivea Body wash

2 Bottles of Suave Lotion

3 packages of Nexcare Band-Aids

2 bottles of Caress Body Wash

2 Suave Deodorants

Total before coupons: $30.68

Total after coupons: $12.62

Its like getting each item for $1.00 a piece. I got named brand items and walked out feeling like I hit the dollar store!

I used coupons from www.Target.com, a target coupon book I received in the mail, along with coupons from www.Smartsource.com and www.Redplum.com, along with local newspaper inserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment