Saturday, June 25, 2011

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal..8

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal

In my life this week:

I was very busy!! Mother by day and VBS teacher by night!

In our homeschool this week:

I have reorganized our supplies and materials! We have it all ready to go and workboxes are loaded, lesson plans written out for a week, and copies made. I even put together Tot School things for Travis. I still need to sharpen pencils…ahhh!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing:

This week we spent the evenings at my MIL’s church for VBS!

My favorite thing this week:

Definitely VBS! All my kids keep saying THANK YOU GOD!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have:

Any tips for my toddler while I am doing lessons with my older two?

I am currently reading:

The New Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson (this is the 3rd of 4 on my summer reading list)

I may need a few suggestions on books to read, I mean I only have one more to go!

Something to share:

Sorry, I would have put a picture of VBS. I forgot my camera all week long.

2 comments:

  1. I am training lydia to play in the pack and play while I work with the boys...put some toys in there that he can only play with while he is in there :) he'll adjust :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, tips on the toddler. I have tried the Preschool Activity Bags, and they worked better for my daughter than for my son (though maybe now that he is older they might work better). You can keep some special "schooltime" toys in shoeboxes. Have one for each day of the week to keep them interesting. Think about what he likes? Playdough? Take some out during schooltime. Coloring? Do that? Duplos? Find what works and be flexible!

    I'm stopping by from the Homeschool Chick. :)

    ReplyDelete