Friday, June 3, 2011

TheHomeschoolersMothersJournal..5

 

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal

In my life this week….

This has been a whirlwind week. Mike was off all last weekend and also on Monday for Memorial Day. We spent Memorial day at home and played outside and did a little cleaning. We then went to the cemetery to show our respects to my husbands dad, and to a dear friend that passed away a couple of years ago that my husband went to high school with.

In our homeschool this week…

This week has been all about cleaning out, and checking to see what we have. We are going to start our new school year on Monday. We will have a 2nd grader (7), Kindergartener (5), as well as a Tot Schooler (20months)!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We have gone to the library 2x this week. We signed up for our summer reading program. I allowed the kids to pick how many books they would read/ listen to. Natalie picked 7, Adam picked 5, and Travis..well I answered for him and said 10.

My favorite thing this week was…

Thanks to Nene, the kids have enjoyed playing outside in their new pools. We got little plastic ones. I am hoping these will last all summer! The kids have enjoyed “swimming” in these! They will go far from the pool, start running towards the pool all while screaming “HOMESCHOOL RULES” as they proceed to jump into the pool!

What’s working/not working for us…

I have decided to move our “classroom” out into the open area of our basement, where our living room is and toy area. I am hoping that this transition will brighten up our work area and help us focus a little better.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

Last week I was looking at how to plan all of our assignments and keep track of all that we do. Well I have made my own sort of planning sheet/assignment sheet. I will be filling it in at the beginning of the week and we will work from that to see what work we will do daily. I am also using this blog as a sort of online scrapbook of our homeschool journal.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

A life lesson…when sending your children outside to play in water in the hot, hot, hot, hot afternoon when the sun is shinning and clear blue skies are amongst us: USE SUNSCREEN! The two older kiddos and I have got a little burnt on our shoulders. We have learned that we will be putting sunscreen on from now on. I just plain forgot to get it out! I now have it sitting on my counter!

Homeschool Blessings

Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful week!! Hope you get your new routine just the way you want it! We moved our homeschool room last year and it really helped with each child having there own space! Loved reading your post!! Kayla(The Arrowood Zoo)

    ReplyDelete