Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun Day Friday

078

On Thursday we headed to the zoo since it was FREE day. We packed our lunch, stroller, and sunscreen. It was supposed to be a cooler day with rain, instead we had 88 degree temps with a real feel of 100 degrees. It was also really humid and the cicadas were in full force.

I didn’t realize it was so hot out. I mean it was comfortable at our house since it was cloudy, but as we drove to the zoo the skies became more clear and the sun came out!

We still had a great time despite the hot weather. We had a great time looking at the animals, chasing Travis as he slid out of the stroller multiple times so he could get a closer look and then take off on his own leisurely walks, meeting up with friends, and then having the outdoor lunch in the shade!

The momma pony and her 3 week old foal.

057

056

The camels eating leaves.

061

Cheetahs

062067

 

 

 

 

064

I think this was Travis’ favorite!

 

 

 

071

                                                                                           

                                                       

070

068    069

Yes, exactly what I thought too!! Someone said that the duck was giving the other duck a back massage! As naïve as I am, I thought I had better take a picture. I had never seen anything like that before. Then come to find out, the person was just trying to keep the kids from asking questions.

072

The sleepy monkey.

080

No comments:

Post a Comment