Friday, June 17, 2011

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal 7

TheHomeschoolMothersJournal_thumb7

In my life this week:

Nothing has gone as I have planned or scheduled.

In our homeschool this week:

We had planned on beginning our 2011-2012 school year on Monday. Well we did our work for that day and then the week got away from us. I don’t know what I was thinking? We have baseball going on, VBS next week and the rest of June is booked. I am going to hold off starting our new school year until after July 4th, when life as we know it slows down a little.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing:

We did our usual play group on Tuesday and had a picnic lunch. We went to a Backyard Bounce in a local park. This was  put on by our local Christian radio station, they had so many things for the kids to do. They got to go on a few bounce houses, hula-hoop, play on the playground, get balloons and run around with friends.

My favorite thing this week:

Date night with my hubby! We went to a free concert with Sanctus Real at a local church. It was a lot of fun and we even got to worship the Lord! My husband even arranged the babysitter! I am pretty proud of him for this.

What’s working/not working for us:

This rain that we have had here in town, um..we had two nights of baseball rained out. I mean we need Adam to play, he only has 2 games left. Hopefully we will get to play this week and no more rain!

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have:

Any tips for my toddler while I am doing lessons with my older two?

Something to share:

Our Date Night

072

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of your date!

    I've started scheduling the big kids to play with the little one. One of our workboxes is to listen to a book on tape or CD, and while I'm working with one, the other does that and then we switch. That way, they get one on one time with me. At least for the workbook section of our day.

    ReplyDelete